10/7/08

The First of the Monicans
On April 2, 1950 SMA graduated its first batch of High school students, arrayed here in regal Elizabethan gowns and sat for this nearly 60 year-old photo. From the original 24, less than five survives today.
Left to right front row:
Liliosa Bigay-Aquino
Lourdes Bucela-Robosa
Monina Arroyo
Lilia Barreta
Helen Barrameda-Buena
Ofelia Magadia-Pilar
Ester Borja-Bibonia
Victoria Badiola-Briones
Remedios Imperial-Bernales
Rosa Baliuag
Liliosa Fajardo-Obrero
Isabel Gonzaga-Fajardo
Antonia Bigay-Lopez Dee

Left to right back row

Generosa Badiola
Concepcion Quintan-Badiola
Carmen Bañaga-Dimayakyak
Jovita Imperial-Garsiso
Romana Sanchez-General
Solidad Muños
Rufina Bibares-Balindan
Florentina Revilla-Bigay
Socorro Tirao-Badiola
Aurora Benosa-Zamudio
Concepcion Baesa-Razon

1 comment:

rosadel said...

Everyone's name is familiar but the only ones I remember most were neighbors Ofelia Magadia and Monina Arroyo, and my first cousin Carmen Banaga. What I remember about Victoria Badiola or Toying was when I came early for my piano lesson with Sor Presentacion and I heard her playing a piece by Chopin (I did not know this composer at that time) and the melody stayed with me.